Monday 28 July 2014

London, ILY





We were in London this weekend, and on Saturday night I went out to meet some friends at a party on a barge. As I walked down along the Thames I was all excited - to a) be out on a Saturday night, and to b) be right in the middle of London as the sun was setting. I snapped a few pics as I went on my way, and then proceeded to board the boat, and then feel very tipsy after just three drinks.

If one of the good things about being pregnant and then with a very small child is that your tolerance levels go down and you become a very cheap date, then the flipside of that is that you get hangovers that last for days. I'm literally still hungover now, 48 hours later, and nothing is helping. Not all the water in the world, and sadly not the Burger King that was eaten while speeding down the M3 yesterday. I don't think I'll be drinking again for some time.

It's been a few months since all three members of our little family have all been in London together and it felt really good to be back. So good in fact that I felt my first ever little chest-pang of remorse and found myself thinking "did we do the right thing moving to the country?!" It was a brill weekend filled with family and friends, and they do feel a bit far away at times. Sometimes though you need to go away to appreciate coming back, and I was relieved to find that it felt very good to get back to our little house last night - phew! Conclusion: we did do the right thing, but let's make trips to London a bit more regular please.

No comments:

Post a Comment